This book is a great accessible introduction to the philosophy of zero waste by respected scientist and author, Paul Connett. It is a fantastic read both for those are new to zero waste and for those who consider themselves to be zero waste veterans. It contains great case studies of success stories around the world in places such as US, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South America and Egypt. It also critiques the “greenwashing” of waste incineration schemes, describing how communities can battle such schemes and instead implement zero waste ideas.
Useful policy reports, documents and guides
- A Zero Waste Europe report on kerbside collection options in Wales
- Guide for implementing pay-as-you-throw systems for municipal waste by Catalan Waste Agency
- GAIA report – On the Road to Zero Waste: Success and Lessons From Around The World
- Zero Waste Home by Bea Johnson – general useful tips, guides and advice
- Trash Is For Tossers by Lauren Singer – general useful tips, guides and advice
- The Zero Waste Chef – zero waste recipes and kitchen / food related tips